I made this smoothie purely to just use up the natural yoghurt we had in the fridge, and also at the time mangoes were in season. This meant the time was ripe (hehe) for me to experiment with recipes in which mangoes where the star. So I did!
I wanted to use honey, but I knew I wouldn’t be satisfied with it’s sweetness so I opted to use sugar instead. I drank both these bottles right after my mini photo shoot in the backyard. One while getting ready to go late night shopping and the other in the car on the way to Westfields with my parents. 🙂
I think strawberries and mangoes are really luscious fruits individually, but they came together very nicely in this drink.
- 4-5 large strawberries
- 1 mango, flesh of both cheeks
- 200 ml natural set yoghurt
- 200 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Wash strawberries and chop away the leaves.
- Slice mango and spoon out the flesh into a blender.
- Add the strawberries and gives the mixture a whiz.
- Pour in the milk, yogurt, and sugar. Blend til smooth. Serve!
- Honey is a good alternative sweetener if you want to cut out sugar.
- Yield: I filled two 250 ml bottles with these portions of ingredients, so double it for approximately 500 ml.
- If you want the drink to be a more coral colour, use some more strawberries.