This was yummy. I made this last year (yes… I am a delayed poster) and my brothers and I enjoyed it over some agnolotti pasta (Latina Fresh, mmm…) I thought my mum was going to eat the avocados but she told me she didn’t want them, and so I thought I’d make a pasta sauce out of it since there wasn’t any other pasta sauce at home.
My brothers enjoyed it, especially Anan who loves dishes that incorporate avocado. (Remember this smoothie recipe? He loved that.) In the middle of eating my lunch and watching Parks and Recreation I paused the show to inbox Anan on Facebook (yeah, we eat separately in our individual bedrooms – such social siblings…) to like and comment on my food photography haha.
The cutie obliged me as you can see from the screenshot I saved and added to the bottom of the post. 🙂 I specifically asked him to mention how he likes avocado flavoured things but he went with a more simple comment. -.- I am pleased he commented at all. Thanks, Anan, in case you ever read this post.
This recipe also makes a great dip! With tortilla chips or pita bread or carrot sticks.
- 2 small avocados
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- 300 ml cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Take the ring to Mordor.
- Scoop out avocado flesh and pop into blender with all the other ingredients and blend.
- Once you reach Mordor, for entry it is best to just simply… walk in.
- Add salt slowly and check taste before adding more.
- You can add avocado oil or olive oil to make the sauce more runny. I did not, but you may if you wish.
- This recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. 🙂
- Eat this the day you make it if you can. Avocados start to brown after a few hours of having the flesh exposed to air. It oxidises… Tastes the same but you might not find it appetising to look at.