No ice cream, no yoghurt. This is not a milkshake or a smoothie. This. This is THE ultimate copycat of the Tim Tam chiller from the Gloria Jeans menu. My brothers Anan and Ivan really enjoyed this. It’s just what they’ve been craving in this creeping Sydney heat.
Memories flooded back from 2007 while sipping on this! I was back in the newly opened (at the time) Gloria Jeans in Panania, tasting chocolate biscuity goodness. Mmm…
It’s been a long time since I had the chiller from GJs so perhaps my recipe isn’t as accurate as it can be, but any other fans of that drink are welcome to try out the recipe and leave a comment below. 🙂
- 400ml milk
- Half a packet of Tim Tams
- 3 tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 1 heaped tsp of chocolate drinking powder (and extra for garnish)
- 1 cup of ice
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Chop up your Tim Tams so as to help them break up faster in the blender. Then put them in the blender with the milk and pulse about 4-5 times.
- Now add the caramel sauce, coffee, and chocolate drinking powder and blend for 30 seconds. Add the ice and run the blender again.
- Check the sweetness of the drink – if it’s too sweet for you add more milk but if you need more sweetness you can add some more caramel sauce or some sugar.
- Once everything is combined you can our into your serving glasses, garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate powder, and perhaps even a chopped stick of Tim Tam.
- I used ice to reduce the sweetness of the drink and make it a bit colder, but you can of course just use more milk if desired, or just omit the ice completely.
- Crushed Tim Tams would also make a nice garnish.