I’d never had mushrooms in a salad before. I had a bunch left over from some fried noodles and scrambled eggs that I made earlier in the week, so I looked on Google Images at the most appetising pictures and recipes and put in what I wanted out of what I had. I mainly adapted from this recipe.
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato cut into smallish pieces
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (or more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt (and pepper if you desire it)
- Heat a fry-pan over low heat and add the mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes with the butter.
- Add a sprinkle of salt then continue stirring and cooking mushrooms until soft and brown.
- Combine onion, coriander, chili and a sprinkle of salt (and pepper if you want) and mix well.
- Remove mushrooms from fry-pan into bowl and mix with all other ingredients.
- Can be eaten cold (which I also did because as I typed up this post the mushrooms lessened in warmth).
- I can imagine it tasting good in a sandwich or wrap with some grated tasty cheese.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think in the comments! 🙂